Thursday, February 26, 2009

A date with McDreamy

This morning A had his follow up appointment with his ear surgeon, our hometown's own Dr. McDreamy. Seriously, he's adorable. There are few men, other than hubby of course, that make my stomach flutter. McDreamy does! The women in my office whose kids have seen him all wanted to go with me just to look at him. He has that way about him where, when he's talking to you, you feel like you're the only person on the planet.....*sigh*....Oh, right...the story....

So, A and I set out this morning to McDreamy's office. We were late, of course, and A had to finish his breakfast in the car. He was still munching on his dry cheerios (blech, but the kid loves them) when we got to the office. I told A, "we have to leave the Cheerios in the car, buddy!" "Ok," replies A. Then, I hear a suspicious noise and turn around to discover A has dumped the entire container of cereal in the floorboard.

He looks at me with gleaming eyes and says, "Cheerios are in the car! Thank you, buddy!" What a little bugger that one is. He loves to thank himself when he thinks he's done a good thing. I probably should have explained that cheerios are not to be dumped in the car, but he was too cute, so I didn't. This probably means I'll have cereal in my car again soon.....

We finally made it to McDreamy's office for an all too short visit wherein he said the ears were fine, and that they needed to be checked every 4-6 months. But...sadly...a family practitioner or pediatrician can do it, we need not go back to McDreamy. Have I mentioned that our pediatrician is the anti-McDreamy? (No offense, doc, you're great and all, but....) He did put us down to visit "as needed," so, you know, we may see him again!

Thus ended our date with McDreamy. A went to preschool where he sobbed when I left, this is why mommy does NOT do drop-off. I like to do pick-up, it's a much happier time. Now I'm trying to remember if I've had any ear problems that need attention.....hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment