Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm going to call this one...


For just about the last three years, A's constant companion was his ninny (read: pacifier). Ninny was second only to night-night (his blanket). A LOVES ninny. He even had his own ninny language when he needed to communicate with us but did not want to bother with taking it out of his mouth. A wanted ninny when he was happy, sad, sick, sleepy, grumpy, sneezy, dopey....sorry, I got carried away. I really should have taken it away from him before now, but I kept putting it off. A's my last biological baby, and mommy has had a hard time letting him grow up too fast.

On Sunday, the unthinkable happened. We "lost" ninny. (Note the quotes.) A went to bed on Sunday night without ninny, and, surprisingly, he didn't cry. He DID however, sing his own personal version of jingle bells for 45 minutes until he fell asleep. (A's version of jingle bells goes like this: Jingle BELLLLLLLLLS Jingle BELLLLLS Jingle in the way! Oh, that is what we do and this is what we saaayyyyyyy!!)Since that day, he's asked for ninny all of two times. I just keep reminding him that ninny is "lost" and I don't know where it is. He accepts this and moves on.

So, I'm calling this one. Our family is officially 100% ninny-free. Except that *I* still have ninny, because I can't get rid of it. It's just "lost" in a great place that hopefully A won't discover! So, goodbye, ninny! We'll miss you. As for night-night, you can stick around. Heck, A can take you to college with him if he wants!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting rid of the Ninny!

    At our house we have "bluh bluh" which is Anthony's blankie. Unfortunately, the bluh bluh goes hand in hand with him sucking his two middle fingers. If I let him he would happily sit in one spot all day long holding bluh bluh and sucking his fingers.

    ReplyDelete