Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Last Night's Excitement

Yesterday was a crazy day. I was home sick with a sore throat, but, I couldn't seem to make myself rest, so I did a lot of housework. It was actually a pretty productive day, but I felt worse in the evening than I did when I woke up.

You can imagine that by the time C and A were soundly sleeping in their beds, I was ready for some mommy time. I put on my favorite tank top and jammie pants and went to pull my hair into a ponytail when...wait....what's that in my hair? Is that a knot? No....it's gooey.....EWWW, it feels like gum!! EW! Wait...wait...no, nobody had gum today. This is where I start screaming for DH (and we wonder where C gets his drama??)

DH, between snorts of laughter, identifies the glob in my hair as a yogo. For those of you that don't know, yogos are little bits of fruit roll-up type material covered in yogurt. They are usually brightly colored. This one was neon green.

How in the world did the little goblins get a yogo in my hair you may ask? Well, lately, we play airplane a lot. The bed is the airplane, the ceiling fan is the "engine." The whole family has to "board" the plane by sitting on the bed and C, the pilot, of course, starts the plane and jumps on. So far, our family has been to Orlando, Dinosaurland, Africa, and China on these ubercomfortable jets. Today, C served yogos as our in-flight snack. A has a tendency to get disgusted by yogos and take them out of his mouth. This was right before bedtime...you see where I'm going with this....

So, not only was my hair globby with neon green melty yogo, it was RIGHT next to my scalp. I just KNEW I'd have to cut it out and I'd look like my brother looked when he was two and I decided to give him a haircut. Luckily, after a REALLY hot shower, a hairbrush, 4 shampoos, and lots of yelling at DH to stop laughing, I got the yogo out of my hair.

On the bright side, my hair is REALLY clean....

1 comment:

  1. So, I thought this story was going somewhere different and thank heavens it didn't. ;-) In any event, I'm glad you got the yogo out of your hair.

    ReplyDelete