Monday, April 6, 2009

The Boys Are Back In Town!

Well, they're back. C and A had the best Spring Break EVER! They're already starting to talk about going back and what they are going to do the next time that they visit Poppa and Goose's house. C informed me that next time, I was not to pick him up for six weeks! I swear that they grew and matured while they were gone. A is speaking in full conversations now and C just seems to be older and wiser.

After we picked them up from the grandparents we went home for a nap and then headed out to our local university's spring scrimage football game. Dh and I had been talking about taking the boys to a game, and thought this was the perfect chance to try it out. We arrived at the stadium and the boys were very impressed. They ran up and down the ramps, rode the elevator, and let mommy and daddy hold them while we went up and down the stadium steps a million times. (Ouch, my legs are sore!) They got to see the mascot's horse, which C proclaimed to look JUST like his dog, the cheerleaders, and they got to dance to the music. We had a blast, until, that is, the game actually started. Then we heard a lot of "I'm bored," "I'm hungry," "I'm ready to go!" So, it's not time to buy the season tickets just yet. Dh was disappointed that he didn't get a chance to scout out the team.

We ended the night with a trip to C's favorite pizza place where the boys ate a TON and played video games. It was such a nice family night out, being that we had all had a "break" and were refreshed. A ended the evening by telling me, "I WUB you mommy, I give you TISS!" and giving me a big smooch. What a perfect way to end the day!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, don't pick them up for SIX WHOLE WEEKS?! You'd (I'd) die! I love C and A. They're the sweetest children ever and full of funny stories! :-)

    ReplyDelete