Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Twins!

After yesterday's rambling, not so happy post, I thought I'd share a little funny. A have a fabulous friend at work. She is by far one of the wittiest, funniest, and kindest people that I know. That in itself is funny because when I heard we would be working at the same place after law school, I wasn't thrilled. I wasn't exactly sure we would get along, I sort of though she would be cold and snobby. That was COMPLETELY the wrong call on my part, as I said, she's fantabulous! My first impression was totally off and totally uncalled for, because I really didn't know her.

At any rate, my friend and I are now often in each other's offices, going to lunch, gossiping....that is, when we're not working, of course. In fact, we're known about the office as the twins. If one of us is roaming separately, we are inevitably asked about the other's whereabouts. The thing is, we don't exactly look alike, because we are of different ethnic backgrounds, have completely different body types, in fact, everything about us physically is opposite, except that we're both women.

Last week, my twin needed some items from the local warehouse store for an event and she doesn't have a membership. She asked me if I had one, which I did. She asked if she could borrow my membership card. I said, sure, but it has my picture on it. She said, "OK, we're twins."

Enter crickets chirping....

After a long and what our fellow bad kids at work would have called an awkward turtle moment, I had to remind her that, although we certainly ARE twins, we don't exactly look alike. Cue the out of control laughter. I'm not capturing the hilarity of the moment, so you're going to have to trust me on this one. It was classic!

My twin and I ended up going to the store together and out for a quick lunch at a favorite restaurant. The only problem with the place is that the man who I'm pretty sure is applying to be my friend's stalker works there. But, that is a story for a different day. Let's just say it involves more out of control laughter, awkward moments, and completely outrageous lies.....

1 comment: