Monday, March 30, 2009

I miss my babies!!

This weekend, I took C and A down to my dad's house to spend spring break with Poppa and Goose. We drove down Saturday afternoon and I stayed overnight and drove back on Sunday. This is C and A's first trip away from home. Sure, they've done overnights with grandma before, but never more than a night. The only exception is when I took the bar exam, C stayed with my dad for two nights.

At first, I was a little excited, thinking of everything I could get done with a couple of kid-free days. I knew I'd miss them, but I had NO IDEA how hard it would be to have them so far away. It feels like my very reason being is gone. I literally don't know what to do with myself! I also worry about C, he's very sensitive and a mommy's boy, so I hope he doesn't miss me TOO much (only a little)! I did get some much needed housework done yesterday and an awesome sushi date with DH last night.

C and A, however, are having the best time. C has declared that A is now his "servant" and must do what he wants. A is not so hot on this idea. The best thing so far for them is that they get to go on long walks with Poppa, look for snakes, and play "elevator" with the pocket doors in my dad's house. They are also in love with the hamster at Poppa's house, which Goose thinks should come back to our house. Mommy thinks otherwise.

We'll see how long they last down there. I would not be shocked if they got homesick and came home before the end of the week. Then again, I may get kid-sick and go GET them before the end of the week. We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! Ha. I've never been away from Anthony for more than a couple hours, and the only time I was away from Amelia overnight, was when I was in the hospital having Anthony.

    Enjoy your kid free time Mama!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm really worried about how their night went, but I'm trying not to call and check TOO much! Ha!

    Good luck with all your house stuff!

    ReplyDelete