Friday, December 26, 2008

Potty, meet iphone.

So, I've been thinking about blogging for awhile. My kids give me plenty of material, so why not? Today, however, the material comes not from my two munchkins, but myself and only myself.

Recently, after deciding not to take my purse into a family dinner, I stuck my iphone in my back pocket and went about the socializing. This is what we call a "bad choice" in my house. After a quite eventful dinner, I had to go, as we say in my house, "potty." One thing led to another and let's just say the iphone met the toilet. Needless to say, it stopped working. iPhone 2 of 3 was dead. iPhone was named 2 of 3 because I had already been through one, when some heartless person broke into my possibly unlocked car and stole it.

I tried EVERYTHING. Stored it in rice, warmed it with the hairdryer, and put it in with a bunch of those silicone packets that come in shoe boxes. Nothing. It was dead, and I was devastated. After all, how in the WORLD could I live without my iphone! NOBODY should have to live without a phone, camera, ipod, and scrabble game all in one. I mean, really.

So, I put my oldest in his carseat and drove 3 hours to the nearest apple store. They were fabulous and replaced the phone. Phew. iPhone 3 of 4 is now a beloved member of my family and shall never reside in the pocket of my jeans.

Even mommies make bad choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment