Monday, May 11, 2009

"I love Mommy, Sunday!"

Wow, what a weekend! It was jam packed. At the end of last week my family went down to see my little brother graduate from college. He's off to medical school in the fall and we are all so proud of him. He and his wife have a big summer ahead trying to move and get settled in a new place before he starts school again.

The bad news was that I got really really sick. Seriously ill with the stomach flu. 4 adults and 2 kids in a 2 bedroom condo when you have the flu is less than fun. Worse than that is feeling incredibly guilty that I left my brother, sister-in-law, and mom to take care of the boys while I laid on the air mattress and prayed to feel better. I felt like a horrible mom and sister, still do!

We got back on Saturday and then spent a nice low-key mother's day together. My wonderful DH and the boys gave me a full day at the spa! I cannot WAIT to have a day of pampering and relaxation. It was really extravagant but very thoughtful, I'm so lucky! The boys were in a good mood and we played most of the morning before we made the rounds to visit grandmas. At one point they were fighting over what day it was, C insisting that it was Sunday and A insisting that it was "mommy day." They finally agreed that it was "I love Mommy, Sunday!"

What a wonderful mother's day! I'm so blessed to have my two beautiful boys, they are such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment